- Pilates Matwork Course
- Review of Pilates principles
- Postural assessment
- Pilates Breathing technique in fine detail (myths and reality)
- Equipment safety and maintenance checklist
- Cadillac (arguably the most versatile Pilates apparatus)
- Cadillac repertoire (value for pelvic-lumbar and scapular stabilisation)
- Cadillac repertoire (goals and application for postural imbalances).
- Modifications and progressions (how to change Cadillac exercises for individuals with limited movement, when to omit exercises, how to increase the intensity safely)
- How to design a balanced Pilates session using Cadillac.
- What to do if you can only afford/have space for either Cadillac or Reformer.
- Reformer exercises which can be performed on Cadillac.
- Teaching skills.
- Practice teaching, theoretical assignment.
Dates in 2024
Friday, 26 January from 9am- 5pm
Saturday, 27 January from 9am- 5pm
Sunday, 28 January from 9am- 5pm
Only 6 students will be accepted. Book soon to avoid disappointment.
Early Bird Special: Pay in full by 1 December 2023 and save R1250 (you only pay R9250). T&Cs apply.
To qualify for the special offer, the full amount must be paid by the advertised due date. A payment plan is available and must be arranged in advance. A non-refundable and non-transferrable R3500 deposit (which forms a part of the full fee) is required to secure your place in the course.
Pilates Academy SA Instructor Training Program
|30 Nov - 10 Dec 2023||Camps Bay, Cape Town||Beginner & Intermediate Mat Work Course||Book Now|
|26, 27, 28 Jan 2024||Camps Bay, Cape Town||Cadillac Course||Book Now|
|1, 2, 3 March 2024||Camps Bay, Cape Town||Reformer Course||Book Now|
|2024 - To be confirmed||Camps Bay, Cape Town||Pilates Accessories Course (small ball, stretch band and roller)|
Katya demands the highest standard by encouraging debate, discussion, and stimulates the thirst for knowledge by always providing new direction for self-study and self-development.
I have received really good feedback from clients using Katya’s methods and cues etc. Her approach involves observing postural patterns with the intention of correcting the imbalances through the selected exercises.
Katya’s instructions and explanations, anatomical knowledge and application of exercises to various body types are excellent. She really taught me to look at a client as an individual and really think of the reasons (the “Why”) for each exercise as applied to an individual.
Please contact Katya directly to make a booking.