REFORMER CERTIFICATE COURSE
Pilates Mat Work Course
- Review of Pilates principles
- Postural assessment
- Pilates Breathing technique in fine detail (myths and reality)
- Equipment safety and maintenance check list
- Reformer Beginner repertoire and its value for pelvic-lumbar and scapular stabilisation
- Modifications and progressions (how to change Reformer exercises for individuals with limited movement, when to omit exercises, how to increase the intensity safely)
- Reformer Intermediate and some Advanced repertoire
- How to design a balanced Pilates session using Reformer
- Reformer exercises which can be performed, if you don’t have a Reformer (on mat with stretch bands and rollers as well as on Cadillac)
- Practice teaching, theoretical assignment.
- Teaching skills
- Code of ethics
If you are primarily interested in the CPD points and general understanding of the Pilates method, certificate of attendance with the CPD points can be issued on completion of the 3 day course.
If you are actually planning to teach Pilates on Reformer to your patients or clients, then practice teaching, physical review of exercises are essential, it can be done at your own time. Access to Reformer is important in this case. Optional private feedback sessions with Katya at her studio and a practical exam (any time before 1 February 2023) will be charged at R660 per hour.
Dates in 2022
Friday 8 April 9am- 5pm
Saturday 9 April 9am- 5pm
Sunday 10 April 9am- 5pm
21 hours of course tuition in total
Early Bird Special: Pay in full by 5 March 2022 and save R1250 (you only pay R7250)
To qualify for the special offer, full amount must be paid by the advertised due date.
Payment plan is available and must be arranged in advance. A non-refundable and non-transferrable R3500 deposit (which forms a part of the full fee) is required to secure your place in the course.
PILATES ACADEMY SA
INTRUCTOR TRAINING PROGRAM
INTRUCTOR TRAINING PROGRAM
|9 Oct 2021||Camps Bay, Cape Town||Advanced Pilates Mat Work Course||Fully Booked|
|8-10 April 2022||Camps Bay, Cape Town||Reformer Certificate Course||Book Now|
|4 June 2022||Camps Bay, Cape Town||Pilates Accessories Course (small ball, stretch band and roller)||Book Now|
|26 Jan - 5 Feb 2023||Camps Bay, Cape Town||Beginner & Intermediate Mat Work Certificate Course||Book Now|
|2023 - To be confirmed||Camps Bay, Cape Town||Pilates with Rotation for Scoliosis and Sport||More Info|
National Pilates Certification Program:
Pilates Academy SA teacher training courses comply with the standards outlined by the National Pilates Certification Program (NPCP), formerly known as Pilates Method Alliance (PMA®). This is the only worldwide register for comprehensively trained Pilates professionals. For more information please visit www.nationalpilatescertificationprogram.org; www.pilatesmethodalliance .org Although it is optional, with continued Pilates education and working experience, certified instructors may consider writing the NPCP third-party exam. A successful pass in this would enable certified instructors to be registered worldwide. Students and Graduates of the Pilates Academy SA must adhere to the NPCP Code of Ethics.